Please spend time exploring our website to learn about our philosophy, learning environment and community. Individuals interested in exploring employment opportunities JAIS should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We also welcome qualified (at least two years experience, and a degree in education) teacher applicants at any time during the year. In general, most interviewing and hiring for faculty positions occurs in the spring; however, we will accept resumes throughout the year.
We are hiring qualified substitute teachers on an on-going basis. Qualified substitute teachers should meet the above requirements, hold a valid working permit for Israel, and be available Monday through Thursday from 7:45 am -3:15 pm and Fridays from 7:45 am to 1:40 pm.
For more information about the application procedure for employment, click here.
Job Advert for a 5th Grade Teacher at JAIS with Additional responsibility as a
Whole School Teaching, Planning and Assessment Coordinator.
The Jerusalem American International School is seeking to recruit for the following position to commence on August 1st 2021
5th Grade Homeroom Teacher with additional responsibility for: Whole School Teaching, Planning and Assessing.
Requirements as a Teacher:
Qualified teacher status:
- Fluency in English
- Experience in planning, teaching, assessing all aspects of the curriculum to this age group
- Experience in being the homeroom teacher with all the necessary communications with students, parents and coworkers
- Experience in preparing and nurturing a cohort for their transition to middle school
- Excellent practice in differentiation and inclusion within the mainstream classroom
- Innovative and engaging educator
- Team player with excellent communication skills in person and in all media
- High professional standards in his/ her work ethic and interactions
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching and learning
- Commitment to the mission of an American International school
- The successful candidate will:
- Have experience as a homeroom teacher over different age groups in either an American or an International school
- Have deep experience as a teacher-leader, possessing the personal and communication skills to build strong trusting professional relationships with coworkers
- Have the knowledge and tools to know when to and how to collaborate/guide/support/mentor/ encourage ( as appropriate) different colleagues in their planning, teaching and assessing
- Ability to juggle the needs of the 5th Grade homeroom with the demands of the coordination role
- Experience in leading subteams of colleagues through a successful external accreditation process
This position is only open to candidates who have one of the following:
- Applicants who are already permitted to work in Israel (Israeli nationals, Residency of Jerusalem, or Foreign Nationals who can secure their own Work Visas)
- American Citizenship
If you do not fall into either of these categories we regret you cannot be considered for this position.
For details on how to apply for this position
Closing date for applications: January 14th 2021
Interviews: February 2021
Start date: August 2021