Please spend time exploring our website to learn about our philosophy, learning environment and community. Individuals interested in exploring employment opportunities JAIS should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We also welcome qualified (at least two years experience, and a degree in education) teacher applicants at any time during the year. In general, most interviewing and hiring for faculty positions occurs in the spring; however, we will accept resumes throughout the year.
We are hiring qualified substitute teachers on an on-going basis. Qualified substitute teachers should meet the above requirements, hold a valid working permit for Israel, and be available Monday through Thursday from 7:45 am -3:15 pm and Fridays from 7:45 am to 1:40 pm.
For more information about the application procedure for employment, click here.
JAIS Administrative Assistant Job Description
39-42 hours/week, Hours 7:30-15:15 M-Th, 7:30-1:30 Fridays
- University degree preferred.
- High level of computer skills (word processing, data processing, publications, website management).
- Ability and willingness to learn an in-depth understanding of Power School administrative software.
- Exemplary written and spoken Hebrew/English language skills.
- Strong public relations skills, communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and office skills.
- Skill in being able to anticipate and prioritize work.
REPORTS TO: The JAIS Admin Assistant reports to the Head of School, Assistant Head of School and the Director of Student Support. He/she is responsible for the responsibilities listed below.
INTERFACES WITH: Parents, faculty and staff, leadership team, students, companies, embassies, community organizations and schools
JOB GOAL The JAIS Admin Assistant is employed to assist the Head of School, Assistant Head of School and the Director of Student Support in secretarial duties, and assist the teaching staff, visitors, and to maintain the office and public area as a welcome and efficient reception area, as well as maintain a supportive and collegial atmosphere with all other JAIS faculty and staff. To extend professional assistance to parents, students, embassies, companies and organizations; services should include providing accurate school information, facilitating enrollment, and being solution-oriented. For potential new students and parents, it is this office that sets the “tone” for the school’s high standards and atmosphere of understanding and caring. To provide administrative and clerical support to the HoS, AHoS and DoSS in keeping with the School’s mission and philosophy.
As Admin Assistant:
- Maintain student records: report cards, transcripts, class schedules and class lists.
- Answer telephone calls in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Maintain teacher emergency substitute folders, files and sub data, including Identifying and calling substitutes for teachers.
- Respond to the needs of visitors, vendors, faculty and students. (Collecting employee forms and relevant personal documents, mailing letters, taking messages, finding phone numbers, assisting with field trips, and other logistic support for activities, etc.)
- Facilitate and coordinate report card distribution.
- Order and maintain office, kitchen and hospitality supplies.
- Address office communications in a timely manner (emails, faxes, phone calls, picking up mail, sorting and delivering post, etc.)
- Coordinate maintenance for heaters, air conditioners, water machine, computers/internet, SmartBoards, etc. and keep track and log in all school maintenance.
- Liaise with WBAIS business office, collect and maintain payment data for JAIS tuition, fees, ASA, uniforms; secure and track incoming and outgoing cash payments.
- Order, organize and sell school uniform shirts as needed.
- Support HoS, AHoS and DoSS through scheduling appointments, typing correspondence, making phone calls, and perform other duties assigned.
- Distribute classroom supplies to teachers.
- To maintain school databases, files, reports/transcripts, and cumulative folders ensuring that all students are accurately entered and withdrawn into/from the systems (PowerSchool, directory, etc.)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Administrative Assistant Salary Index to include education and years of experience. This position has a three month probationary period. Four weeks of annual vacation to be determined by the head of school. Annual leave is in addition to the regular school holidays.